Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Vaccinations before, during and after pregnancy.




Prenatal screening

Women who are planning to become pregnant should make sure that they are up to date on their immunizations. This will protect them and the unborn child from many diseases.

The measles, mumps, rubella, and chickenpox (varicella) vaccines are particularly important for women of childbearing age, as these cannot be given when pregnant. If a woman is infected with any of this in pregnancy, particularly first trimester, it results in adverse pregnancy outcome. 

Patients should check with their physician, who can request a blood test to see the blood levels of antibodies against these viruses, because of prior vaccination or prior history of disease itself.

MMR- If you need to get the vaccine for Rubella, avoid getting pregnant for at least a month after receiving the MMR.
Varicella- Similarly, if you are not immune to chickenpox, get vaccinated at least a month before getting pregnant.
HPV Vaccine- The human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine is recommended for nonpregnant girls and women 9 to 26 years of age. It is contraindicated during pregnancy, although evidence suggests it is safe if pregnant women receive it inadvertently.
Hepatitis B- A woman should get tested for anti-HBs before she is pregnant to see whether the vaccine was well taken and she is immune to infection.


Vaccines during pregnancy

The tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccine is recommended for every pregnant woman during each pregnancy. It should be given as early as possible between 27 and 36 weeks of gestation, to facilitate the passive transfer of maternal antibodies. Infants exposed in utero to Tdap vaccine were better protected against pertussis during the first year of life than infants not exposed in utero.

Influenza (flu)- Every pregnant woman who is pregnant around the influenza season should be vaccinated against the seasonal flu as she is at high risk for developing flu complications. The vaccine has no adverse effect on fetus, on the contrary the unborn baby is protected against flu for first 6 months of life, till the baby is eligible to receive the vaccine.
The nasal spray influenza vaccine is contraindicated as it is made of live virus.

Vaccines for special circumstances

Hepatitis A- Pregnant woman who is at risk for developing Hepatitis A should receive the vaccine as the virus can be passed on to fetus.
Hepatitis B- It is only recommended for pregnant women who are at high risk for developing the infection like unimmunized women who live with someone infected with hepatitis B and for completing the series if started before becoming pregnant.
Poliomyelitis- Although polio has been eradicated from most developed and some developing countries, polio vaccine is usually not given in pregnancy unless travel to an area where polio is prevalent is unavoidable. In such circumstances, she may receive the inactivated polio vaccine (IPV). 
Pneumococcus- Ideally the vaccine is given before pregnancy, but  if woman is at high risk for pneumococcal infection, the vaccine appears to be safe if given in second and third trimester.
Varicella- Because the effects of the varicella virus on the fetus are unknown, it is contraindicated in pregnant women.


Vaccines for travel

Yellow fever- May be given if benefit outweigh risk. 
BCG- contraindicated
Typhoid- Inadequate data to make any recommendations
Rabies – Pregnancy is not considered a contraindication for post-exposure prophylaxis. If risk of exposure is substantially high, pre-exposure prophylaxis could be considered.

Passive Immunization during pregnancy

No known risk exists for the fetus from passive immunization of pregnant women with immune globulin preparations.

Prenatal screening

Every Pregnant woman should be tested for immunity to rubella and varicella and be tested for the presence of HBsAg during every pregnancy. Women who are found susceptible to rubella and varicella should be vaccinated immediately after delivery.
If a woman is found to be HBsAg positive, the infant should receive HBIG and begins the hepatitis B vaccine series no later than 12 hours after birth.

Breastfeeding and vaccines.

Inactivated and live-virus vaccines are not contraindicated in pregnant woman, although the virus can replicate in mother, it is not excreted in human milk.

Small pox and yellow fever vaccines are contraindicated in lactating mother, although if travel to an area where Yellow fever is endemic is imminent, it can be given. 

23 comments:

  1. pregnant women

    Pregnant Women Care - Get the best ideas and guidelines for pregnant women's care, we provide the best guidelines for pregnant women's healthy lifestyle.

    to get more - https://pregnantwomencare.com/category/pregnant-women-care/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. REAL CURE ON HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS AND HIV some times we just need to give a try to herbal Medicine to see for our self. I am very happy today that i do not listen to what people say if not i would have been a dead woman by now. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2017, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the office thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS, HIV, HPV and many more disease and she gave me his email, so i mail him. Doc. Chukwu madu told me all the things I need to do and send me the herbal medicine through courier delivering service and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after 2 weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished and blister dried off . I went to the hospital for a test and it was negative. Dr.Chukwu madu is real and he is the solution to herpes virus. so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him via his personal email. dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com (call or whatsapp +2347030936239 according to this great DR he can also cure HIV, ALS,CANCER, COLD SORE, HPV AND DIABETES

      Delete
    2. THANX TO DOCTOR OSAZE WHO CURE ME FROM HERPES SIMPLEX AND HAERT DIESEASE WITH HIS HERBAL MEDICATION, MY ENTIRE LIFE WAS BECOMING MISERABLE WHEN I CONTACTED THESE DIESEASES, I WENT TO DIFFERENT HOSPITAL IN NEWYORK AND CONNECTICUT TO NO AND VAIL, UNTIL I CAME ACROSS DOCTOR OSAZEE'S TESTIMONIES ONLINE ON HOW HE HAS BEEN USING HIS HERBS TO CURE PEOPLE OF HERPES DIESEASES, AND I DICIDED TO CONTACT HIM AND GIVE HIS MEDICATION A TRY, WITHIN ONE MONTH AND A WEEK I WAS TOTALLY CURED, IN CASE YOU ARE GOING THROUGH SIMILAR PROBLEM AND YOU WANTS TO CONTACT DR OSAZEE, YOU CAN EMAIL HIM ON: DROSAZEHERBAL@GMAIL.COM OR CALL OR WHATSAP HIM ON: +2347089275769

      Delete


    3. Am jeremiah, I am testifying about a great hebal man that cured my wife of hepatitis B and liver cirhosis. his name is Dr oniha. My wife was diagnose of hepatities two years ago, i almost spent all i had then, until i saw dr oniha recommendation online, and i call him, then he told me how to get the herb. You can call him on +2347089275769 or email him at dronihaspell@yahoo.com

      Delete
  2. pregnant women care

    Pregnant Women Care - Get the best ideas and guidelines for pregnant women's care, we provide the best guidelines for pregnant women's healthy lifestyle.

    to get more - https://pregnantwomencare.com/category/pregnant-women-care//

    ReplyDelete
  3. pregnant

    Pregnant Women Care - Get the best ideas and guidelines for pregnant women's care, we provide the best guidelines for pregnant women's healthy lifestyle.

    to get more - https://pregnantwomencare.com/category/pregnant-women-care//

    ReplyDelete
  4. pregnant women

    Pregnant Women Care - Get the best ideas and guidelines for pregnant women's care, we provide the best guidelines for pregnant women's healthy lifestyle.

    to get more - https://pregnantwomencare.com/category/pregnant-women-care//

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can browse online or even find local service provider. I would recommend Alhanan home health care centre, they offer various home care services in Dubai, we just need to call them and book the service we require. They have a team of highly trained, qualified and licensed doctor, nurses and physiotherapist. Check out them online to find more about them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was looking at some of fertility boost supplements and saw the title of this post! I had to read it. Although I have not had a miscarriage, my husband and I had fertility issues for about 2 years. Those years shaped me and grew us so much. We were not able to conceive and had the blessing through Dr Michael Casper and i have male child called Miles on December 6, who are now 3. am very happy to be a mother and my partner a father,we are a big family now all because of Dr Michael Casper pregnancy fertility medicine .if you are passing through pregnancy issue kindly contact my Doctor on email michaelcasper@dr.com

    ReplyDelete




  7. pregnancy


    Pregnancy Weeks - Get the best guidance for pregnant women to care, we provide the best tips for pregnant women to care in pregnancy weeks.


    https://pregnantwomencare.com/tag/week/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about vaccinations.Please keep sharing.
    Health Is A Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In pregnancy you shouldn't neglect anything specially the advice , medication and vaccination suggested by your doctor. In this timing you should avoid alcohol consumption if you take, also less outing or go only if necessary. For More info on pregnancy care, visit our blog : https://ranafertility.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good read, I have shared this article with my pregnant friend as well, I hope she put her feedback here soo. :) Btw I also wrote the article on pregnancy would love to hear your feedback on my artcle:
    https://healthandbeautystuff.com/when-do-cravings-start-in-pregnancy/

    Cheers,
    Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Health and Beauty StuffMay 30, 2020 at 3:02 PM

    Sorry the link is not clickable here it is again:
    healthandbeautystuff.com/when-do-cravings-start-in-pregnancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never know your site this nice, I notice this when I started reading through this very post. I find it so interesting and I really wish to have this site bookmarked to my browser. I also have a website that I am working just to make it very perfect just like yours, I will be grade to have you visit my site tecteem.

    ReplyDelete
  14. REAL CURE ON HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS AND HIV some times we just need to give a try to herbal Medicine to see for our self. I am very happy today that i do not listen to what people say if not i would have been a dead woman by now. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2017, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the office thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS, HIV, HPV and many more disease and she gave me his email, so i mail him. Doc. Chukwu madu told me all the things I need to do and send me the herbal medicine through courier delivering service and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after 2 weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished and blister dried off . I went to the hospital for a test and it was negative. Dr.Chukwu madu is real and he is the solution to herpes virus. so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him via his personal email. dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com (call or whatsapp +2347030936239 according to this great DR he can also cure HIV, ALS,CANCER, COLD SORE, HPV AND DIABETES

    ReplyDelete

  15. I am so Happy to be writing this article in here, i am here to explore blogs forum about the wonderful and most safe cure for HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS.I was positive to the Virus called HERPES and i lost hope completely because i was rejected even by my closet friends. i searched online to know and inquire about cure for HERPES and i saw testimony about DR Ebhota online on how he cured so many persons from Herpes Disease so i decided to contact the great herbalist because i know that nature has the power to heal everything. i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God! after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via FEDEX or DHL and it got to me after 4 days! i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured! its really like a dream but i'm so happy! that's the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more people can be saved just like me! and if you need his help,contact his Email: (drebhotasoltion@gmail.com) You can contact him on WhatsApp +2348089535482 He also have the herb to cure difference cure for any sickness (1) HERPES,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV&AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) HEPATITIS B,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA..

    ReplyDelete
  16. It’s obvious some patients with herpes are being enslaved to the antiviral and other supplementary Orthodox medicine just to help suppress the virus and not a cure. I have been with the virus since 5 years until I was introduced by a friend who also shared her story online on how she was cured from Genital Herpes after using Dr Ajayi herbal medicine. I recently got cured from my herpes virus. All thanks to God for using this Great and sincere herbalist called Dr Ajayi to heal me. I have promised to keep telling good things about Dr Ajayi. Please feel free to share Your problems with him. He will help you solve your problems, you can write him on email via ajayiherbalhome@gmail.com you can also call or write him on whatsapp +2348154724883. please as you read also share and save a soul...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent Post. Thanks For Sharing! Keep writing. Its excellent way to check pregnancy blood test at home.

    ReplyDelete

  18. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete