Thursday, May 11, 2017

News from ACOG 2017: Olympus unveils its new plasma hystero-resectoscope at the conference.


Olympus (Center Valley, Pennsylvania) a  global leader in designing innovative solutions for  medical and surgical procedure  recently announced its launch of new plasma hystero-resectoscope and other products of the entire  portfolio. 

The plasma hysteroscopic system was showcased at the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecological Annual Meeting (ACOG) May 6-9 in San Diego, CA.

These range of products have received FDA clearance based on lower risk of hyponatremia during the surgery as compared to monopolar electrosurgery. The lower risk of electrolyte imbalance along with precision in cutting, and better visibility improves patient outcome. It is also   cost-effective for a wide range of hysteroscopic procedures.

Plasma is one of the four fundamental states of matter besides solid, liquid, and gas. When a gas is ionized by passing current through it, electrons are stripped from its atoms, turning it into plasma.

The plasma energy is generated as a precise stream that dissipates rapidly as it comes in contact with the tissue, but with controlled penetration and minimal thermal effect.

The Olympus 8.5 mm hystero-resectoscope, in use with the world’s first 4 MM high definition telescope is used in many gynecological procedures because of its array of different type of plasma electrodes.
  • The vaporization electrodes are very efficient and save lot of surgical time because it eliminates the need of for multiple resectoscope reinsertions.
  • Variety of loop sizes for allows for quicker resection and coagulation of polyps, myomas and the endometrium.
  • It also has a needle electrode for septum resection.

"The Olympus plasma hysteroscopic resection and vaporization system advances operative hysteroscopy to a new level of capability," said Dr. Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility. 

"Olympus builds upon its excellent track record with plasma resection and vaporization through these 510(k) clearances, and we expect enthusiastic adoption of the technology in gynecology," said Randy Clark, Group Vice President of the Surgical Division at Olympus America Inc. "We have aimed not only to bring improved patient outcomes to our customers, but to provide an advanced gynecology portfolio that is cost effective for Hospitals and Ambulatory Surgery Centers."

2 comments:

  1. REAL CURE ON HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS AND HIV some times we just need to give a try to herbal Medicine to see for our self. I am very happy today that i do not listen to what people say if not i would have been a dead woman by now. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2017, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the office thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS, HIV, HPV and many more disease and she gave me his email, so i mail him. Doc. Chukwu madu told me all the things I need to do and send me the herbal medicine through courier delivering service and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after 2 weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished and blister dried off . I went to the hospital for a test and it was negative. Dr.Chukwu madu is real and he is the solution to herpes virus. so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him via his personal email. dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com (call or whatsapp +2347030936239 according to this great DR he can also cure HIV, ALS,CANCER, COLD SORE, HPV AND DIABETES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such great information., Find advance course in medical education that will help better your professional profile. Check out Medical Learning Hub to find the medical training courses that you are looking for hysteroscopy courses 2020

    ReplyDelete