Saturday, May 13, 2017

The Mothers Index: Quantifying Mothers round the world.

savethechildren.org
Mother’s Day is a holiday celebrated to honor motherhood throughout the world. Although it is observed in different forms and at different times worldwide, the basic thought  behind it remains the same. The American incarnation of Mother’s Day was created by Anna Jarvis in 1908 and became an official U.S. holiday in 1914. It traditionally involved presenting the mothers with flowers, gifts and cards.

Beside celebrating love by giving gifts, we all have a moral obligation to protect the health of mothers round the world. It does not end with only making child birth safe for her but continue well beyond that into her geriatric years by building systems that are effective, inclusive and sustainable. Many diseases like breast and ovarian cancer, osteoporosis and other chronic diseases can be prevented or treated completely by early diagnosis.

Improving maternal health is among the most challenging of the Millennium Development Goals. In commemoration of Mother’s Day, Save the Children  published its 16th annual State of the World’s Mothers report; Norway rose to the top of the list while Somalia remained last for the second year in a row. 

The five indicators in the 2015 Mothers' Index of 179 countries are the lifetime risk of maternal death; children's well-being; educational status; economic status and political status, measured by women's participation in national government.

Every day, 17,000 children die before reaching their fifth birthday.

Best countries for mothers: (Top five in Mothers index)
Norway
Finland
Iceland
Denmark
Sweden

Worst countries for mothers: ( Last five in Mothers index)
Somalia
Democratic Republic of the Congo
The Central African Republic
Mali
Niger

The United States continues to be outpaced by smaller countries in its treatment of its mothers, dropping two spots to 33rd place.

There are nearly 2 billion mothers in the world (85.4 million in the U.S.) and 4.3 new mothers are added every second.

Quite a large number of children in developed countries live with one parent, most likely mother. Educated mothers are more likely to insist on their children being educated, specially girls. Their children are more likely to continue education and study for 2 hours more compared to illiterate mothers

Women all over the world are delaying childbirth, the average age of woman having the child for first time rose from 25 to 26 recently in US and it is 29 in other developed countries such as Japan and Switzerland according to data released by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Maternal Mortality Rate

According to WHO:

The current MMR is 216 deaths per 100,000 live births.
Every day, approximately 830 women die from preventable causes related to pregnancy and childbirth.
99% of all maternal deaths occur in developing countries where 1/3 of births are performed by unskilled professional.
Young adolescents face a higher risk of complications and death as a result of pregnancy than other women.
One in 4 women who die during childbirth is simply because of post-partum hemorrhage, which is preventable at meagre cost of 99 Cents.
Between 1990 and 2015, maternal mortality worldwide dropped by about 44%.
Between 2016 and 2030, as part of the Sustainable Development Goals, the target is to reduce the global maternal mortality ratio to less than 70 per 100 000 live births.

MMR across the globe 


The top 5 countries in the world with lowest maternal mortality rates are Norway, Australia, Iceland, Sweden and Denmark.

The 5 countries with highest maternal mortality rates are South Sudan, Chad, Somalia, Sierra Leone and Burundi.

Fertility rates around the world.


The current fertility rate is 2.5 children per woman. Africa remain the region with highest fertility at 4.7 children per woman while Europe has the lowest fertility at 1.6 children per woman.

The world’s highest fertility rates exist in Niger, with an average of 7.75 children born per women. 

The world’s lowest fertility rates are found in Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and Singapore, where an average of 1.2 children are born per woman.

The net reproduction rate is the average number of daughters that would be born to a woman taking into account the prevailing levels of fertility, female mortality and the sex ratio at birth. The current reproduction rate globally is 1.1 surviving daughters per woman except for Africa, where the net reproduction rate is 1.9 This means that, on average, each African mother is replacing herself with nearly two daughters, which leads to fast population growth.

Net Reproduction Rate 

Statistics are far more than numbers. It is the human despair and lost opportunities behind these numbers that call for changes to ensure that mothers everywhere have the basic tools they need to break the cycle of poverty and improve the quality of life for themselves, their children, and for generations to come.



16 comments:

  1. I Want To Appreciate Dr.OYAGU for hs great deeds, I Was Diagnosed With type 2 Herpes Virus Last year,And Was Look For Solution To Be Cured Luckily I Saw Testimonies On How Dr.OYAGU Cure Herpes Virus I Decided To Contact Dr.OYAGU I Contacted Him He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me,I Started The Herbal Medicine For My Health.He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of This Deadly Herpes Within 2 weeks, I Am Now Herpes Negative.My Brother And Sister I No That There Are So Many People That Have There Same Herpes Virus Please contact Dr OYAGU To Help You Too,And Help Me To Thank Dr.OYAGU For Cure Me, I’m Cured By Dr. OYAGU Herbal Medicine,His Contact Email:oyaguspellcaster@gmail.com

    Or Cell Whatsapp Number +2348101755322 thank you .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. REAL CURE ON HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS AND HIV some times we just need to give a try to herbal Medicine to see for our self. I am very happy today that i do not listen to what people say if not i would have been a dead woman by now. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2017, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the office thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS, HIV, HPV and many more disease and she gave me his email, so i mail him. Doc. Chukwu madu told me all the things I need to do and send me the herbal medicine through courier delivering service and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after 2 weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished and blister dried off . I went to the hospital for a test and it was negative. Dr.Chukwu madu is real and he is the solution to herpes virus. so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him via his personal email. dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com (call or whatsapp +2347030936239 according to this great DR he can also cure HIV, ALS,CANCER, COLD SORE, HPV AND DIABETES

      Delete
  2. I never thought that there will be a miracle on the internet until i came in contact with Priest Babaka, finally i made it with his help, with his spiritual power which was recommended by a lady in baby center he help before, i never believe it was real until i confirm it now because i have tried so many things to make sure i get pregnant but no luck, immediately i contact him. he did some spiritual prayers and send me a medicine which i took, i got pregnant three weeks after, and i now have a son to show. thank you so much priest and i recommend Priest Babaka for everyone out there that is willing to have a child of her own out there. contact him for help too he is real and powerful, i have confirmed it, contact him on email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka













    I never thought that there will be a miracle on the internet until i came in contact with Priest Babaka, finally i made it with his help, with his spiritual power which was recommended by a lady in baby center he help before, i never believe it was real until i confirm it now because i have tried so many things to make sure i get pregnant but no luck, immediately i contact him. he did some spiritual prayers and send me a medicine which i took, i got pregnant three weeks after, and i now have a son to show. thank you so much priest and i recommend Priest Babaka for everyone out there that is willing to have a child of her own out there. contact him for help too he is real and powerful, i have confirmed it, contact him on email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr Moses Herbal medicine is a good remedy for herpes simplex virus cure. i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by DR Moses, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Familiar, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how DR Moses cured them, when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine via UPS ( Delivery service ) to me and i drank it, seriously it worked for me, am a free person now without any problem, my HERPES result came out negative... Contact him if you need his assistance email him ehichioyaspelltemple@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2348057508654 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm here to share to the worldwide that Dr Kham is a Powerful Herbal Medicine man. that can cure your disease if you can only contact him and let him help you. I was cured from my Herpes virus. After suffering since 5 months but when i contact him on the internet. he gave me a Natural cure that ended my suffering after using it for two weeks. i went to check myself on the hospital and i was tested negative. I Want to say thank you sir and i use this medium to say to everyone don't waste any time contact this powerful herbal Dr Kham On any Kind of Disease he is Ready to help you. You can reach him through Email: dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com or Whats App him +2348159922297 check his website: https://drkhamherbalhealingcenter.wordpress.com/ He also have a herbal cure for Following DISEASES,this is 100% Real-COLD SORE -ALS -LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION -LOW SPERM COUNT -STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS -STROKE -IMPOTENCE -PILE -HYPERTENSION -LOW SPERM COUNT -ASTHMA -CANCER -BARENESS/INFERTILITY -FIBROID -ASTHMA -SICKLE CELL -BARENESS/INFERTILITY -DIARRHEA and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought I will come in contact with a real and potential hacker until I knew   brillianthackers800 at Gmail and he delivered a professional job,he is intelligent and understanding to control jobs that comes his way
    You can message on his number +1(385) 2501115,
    Contact him and be happy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was married at 32 and immediately tried to get pregnant. When I was unable to conceive I had blood tests for fertility and was told that I had an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) of 54 and would not be able to have children. Even though the doctors knew that I had been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis since age 25, no one bothered to check my thyroid levels. my TSH was measured at .001. My Synthroid dosage was lowered. a friend advise me to contact a spiritualist who help with fertility with his medicine, i collected his contact and explain my situation to him he prepared for me a herbal medicine which i took as describe by him. became pregnant very quickly, I had a successful pregnancy. I have my baby august 2017. to get pregnant at age 35 with my 2nd child in september 2019, thank you sir , this is his email contact if you require his help babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka













    I was married at 32 and immediately tried to get pregnant. When I was unable to conceive I had blood tests for fertility and was told that I had an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) of 54 and would not be able to have children. Even though the doctors knew that I had been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis since age 25, no one bothered to check my thyroid levels. my TSH was measured at .001. My Synthroid dosage was lowered. a friend advise me to contact a spiritualist who help with fertility with his medicine, i collected his contact and explain my situation to him he prepared for me a herbal medicine which i took as describe by him. became pregnant very quickly, I had a successful pregnancy. I have my baby august 2017. to get pregnant at age 35 with my 2nd child in september 2019, thank you sir , this is his email contact if you require his help babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete
  7. My names is Elizabeth Wong want to testify about the great spell caster called Dr Osasu my husband and i have been married for 8 years now we don't have a child and the doctor told us i can't give birth because my womb have been damaged due to wrong drugs prescription this got me so worried and my husband was not happy so he decided to get married to another girl and divorce me i was so sad i told my friend about it she told me about a powerful spell caster she gave me his email address well i never believe in it that much though i just decided to give him a try and he told me it will take 24hrs to get my husband back to me and i will get pregnant i doubted him the 3rd day my husband came back to me and was crying he said he didn't want the divorce anymore 3 weeks after the doctor confirmed that i was pregnant he can also help you contact him at

    (drosasu25@gmail.com)

    WhatsApp +2347064365391

    ReplyDelete
  8. An hacker helped me to spy on my wife’s WhatsApp,mails and every text message that was sent to her iPhone and every deleted messages of the past six months you can message him through this number (+13852501115) or contact him via email at brillianthackers800@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. REAL CURE ON HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS AND HIV some times we just need to give a try to herbal Medicine to see for our self. I am very happy today that i do not listen to what people say if not i would have been a dead woman by now. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2017, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the office thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS, HIV, HPV and many more disease and she gave me his email, so i mail him. Doc. Chukwu madu told me all the things I need to do and send me the herbal medicine through courier delivering service and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after 2 weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished and blister dried off . I went to the hospital for a test and it was negative. Dr.Chukwu madu is real and he is the solution to herpes virus. so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him via his personal email. dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com (call or whatsapp +2347030936239 according to this great DR he can also cure HIV, ALS,CANCER, COLD SORE, HPV AND DIABETES

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never thought that there will be a miracle on the internet until i came in contact with Priest Babaka, finally i made it with his help, with his spiritual power which was recommended by a lady in baby center he help before, i never believe it was real until i confirm it now because i have tried so many things to make sure i get pregnant but no luck, immediately i contact him. he did some spiritual prayers and send me a medicine which i took, i got pregnant three weeks after, and i now have a son to show. thank you so much priest and i recommend Priest Babaka for everyone out there that is willing to have a child of her own out there. contact him for help too he is real and powerful, i have confirmed it, contact him on email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are urgently in need of Kidney donors with the sum of $500,000.00
    Email: Email: ( hospitalcarecenter@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dr SN Mohanty is the Best Gynecological Laparoscopy Surgeon.
    Dr. SN Mohanty has extensive experience in all major aspects of gynecology.

    Dr. SN Mohanty is the Best Gynecologist in Bhubaneswar.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool way to have financial freedom!!! Are you tired of living a poor life, here is the opportunity you have been waiting for. Get the new ATM BLANK CARD that can hack any ATM MACHINE and withdraw money from any account. You do not require anybody’s account number before you can use it. Although you and I knows that its illegal,there is no risk using it. It has SPECIAL FEATURES, that makes the machine unable to detect this very card,and its transaction can’t be traced .You can use it anywhere in the world. With this card,you can withdraw nothing less than $4,500 a day. So to get the card,reach the hackers via email address : besthackersworld58@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +1(323)-723-2568

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to use this opportunity to thank Dr Oyagu for the grate work he has done for me and my cousin sister, I was cured from herpes virus through his herbal remedy and my cousin sisters was also cured from Cancer. This is a grate testimony for what Dr Oyagu Has done for me and my entire generation. I'm giving this testimony so that those of you out there can contact him while he keeps saving my relatives. Send him a Dm and get a better health totally. Contact him via WhatsApp +2348101755322 or Email address:oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com you can also reach him on his website https://oyaguspellcaster.wixsite.com/oyaguherbalhome

    ReplyDelete

  15. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete