Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Rethink your drink--Coffee with add-ins ups the caloric content considerably.

Extra calories in Coffee and Tea.
Courtesy of Julie McMahon


People drinking coffee and tea with add-ins add 69 and 43 extra calories respectively to their daily intake. These additional calories come from additives (sugar and saturated fats) that have no nutritive values according to a study published in Public Health. [1]

Researchers from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and department of Public Health, UC San Diego analyzed data over 12 years (2001-2012) from National health and Nutritional Examination Survey (NHANES) from 13,185 adults who drank coffee and 6,125 adults who drank tea in 24-hours prior to the survey.

Coffee and tea are the most widely consumed beverages in US. Over 160 million people in US consume coffee or tea. Adults consume them on regular basis and many people like to perk up the flavor by adding cream, flavored syrup, sugar or other calorie dense additives.

About 2/3 of 51% coffee drinkers   and 1/3 of the 26% tea drinkers    put some sort of add-ins to their drink. Milk product add a little Calcium to the drink but it should not be the reason to add milk to the morning joe. (average 22 mg per day of 1,000 to 1,300 mg RDA).

The daily intake of extra calorie seems very small but in long run they pile up and put on extra pounds. Some people drink more than 5 cups of coffee and tea daily, which adds up more calories to the daily diet.

 Ruopeng An,  kinesiology and community health professor who conducted the study said “Our findings indicate that a lot of coffee and tea drinkers regularly use caloric add-ins to improve the flavor of their beverages, but possibly without fully realizing or taking into consideration its caloric and nutritional implications.”






[1] http://www.publichealthjrnl.com/article/S0033-3506(16)30453-X/abstract

2 comments:

  1. Please change you're mind now if you have any doubt about Herbs. I'm a living witness. I was cure of Herpes by a great powerful herbalist Dr. Dominic Elabe.it was after I got my worst breakdown on 12/2/2018, when I was diagnosed of Herpes Simplex Virus. I became worried and ashamed to show myself in the public. I tried so many antiviral treatment, to see if I could get ride of my health issues,but non could cure me,glory to God. My researchers on the Herpes remedy got me excited when I came across lots of testimonies on how there where cured of Herpes with Herbs by Dr. Dominic Elabe.......
    I did contacted the Dr, luckily for me it was his happy day. He had to take me to his hospitals to view the other patience of much critical conditions and of group pictures with testifying patients who had been cured. It was indeed a great day for me. I quickly requested for my cure cos I was convinced he could cure me as well. Not long he prepared the medicine for me and sent through the DHL delivery service. It was together with an herbal cream that burnt all the blisters on the affected parts. I followed the instructions given to me, and it works for me too. My Dr, just confirmed me Herpes negative. I'm so happy with my life now.Dr. Dominic Elabe is a good man and had been with his gift from birth.you need to contact him yourself for any health challenge @

    Email: DominicElabeherbalhome4all@gmail.com.
    Phone no:+2348140918600

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staying with Herpes is as easy as you think,but getting the cured seems confusing. I'm so happy because I'm free now from Herpes. I was very unhappy after the checkup and was diagnosed HSV 2 of which I know fully well I can't be cured with the Antibiotics, he prescribed for me the acyclovir(Zovirax), famciclovir (Famvir), andvalacyclovir (Valtrex). These are all taken in pill form. Severe cases may be treated with the intravenous I refuse to try it and went to another clinic for test and it still shows positive. I told the doctor about it and he said it's only by miracle and the prescribed he knows can't cure the virus by only keep fighting so it doesn't replenish always. I wasn't comfortable since I needed the cure.
    I was in a very sad moon,then I came back in two weeks and still shows the same. I tell you,does who knows understand what I'm saying.
    I'm saying this now because my believe leads me to understand that There's a CURE for HERPES.
    Of All English medicine you should know God gives us power over all living and non living creatures, don't feel bad now because I know being an Herpes patient for 3 years must have lost hope ,you can still get cure to CANCER, HPV,DIABETES, LOW SPARM COUNT,IRREGULAR OR PAINFUL MENSTRUATION, AND LOSTS HE WILL SHOW YOU AND YOU WILL FEEL THE WAY I DO NOW
    IT'S ALL I CAN DO TO HELP IF YOU LOVE TO KNOW
    Dr. Odey abang is a very reliable person, don't be scared he can proof to you what you want. Contact him and let him help get cured to all sicknesses.
    His medicine are very effective and affordable with active immune booster 100% sure no site effects
    @
    Email
    Odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com
    WhatsApp number@
    +2349015049094

    I'm morrisons from Alaska

    ReplyDelete