Friday, December 30, 2016

First Wireless, App-Powered Handheld Ultrasound gets FDA approval.

clarius probes




Mobile Ultrasound developed by Clarius Mobile Health got the FDA 510(k) clearance for its C3 and L7 Clarius wireless ultrasound scanners on December 14, 2016.It has been rated as top technical innovation of 2016, that can change the medical device industry.

Founded in 2014 by Laurent Pelissier, Clarius Mobile Health merges the power of mobile phones, advanced technology, and decades of collective ultrasound experience to produce high quality, point-and-shoot mobile ultrasound devices.

Clarius is based at VANCOUVER, British Columbia.

The device uses just about any iOS or Android phone or tablet as the display. A Clarius app is used to control the transducers and displaying the visualizations.




Clarius’ultrasound scanners are mobile devices compatible with Apple iOS and Google Android devices, the company said.[i]

The scanners are powered by a rechargeable battery that  will last for more than 45 minutes of scanning and up to 7+ days of stand-by power. 

Two batteries and a charger are delivered with each Scanner. Built with a magnesium case, Clarius Scanners are designed to withstand challenging environments and are water submersible for easy cleaning and disinfection.

With automated gain and frequency settings it is as easy to use as a mobile camera.


"Physicians have been asking for a portable ultrasound system that works with their iPhone for some time," said Laurent Pelissier, Chairman and CEO of Clarius Mobile Health.  "The challenge has been to make an affordable device that is small enough to carry around and that also produces great images.  I'm happy to say we've succeeded in creating a product that will enable more clinicians to use ultrasound anywhere to improve patient care. It's as easy to use as a mobile phone camera."

2016 was the 200th anniversary of the stethoscope and every doctor will eventually hold a hand-held ultrasound that can be used in daily practice, just like a stethoscope  believes Laurent Pelissier, CEO of Clarius. 




"Clarius is the future of patient care. The image quality is amazing for any scanner, much less one that fits in my pocket," said Dr. Steven Steinhubl, Director of Digital Medicine at the Scripps Translational Science Institute.  "The ability to wirelessly connect it to any Apple or Android device means that anyone on my team can use it with whatever they already carry around in their pocket."

This mobile ultrasound startup is reshaping the $ 6 billion healthcare market. [ii]

In the United States, Clarius Ultrasound Scanners start at $6900.

Clarius will be available with Color Doppler on its premium offering, which will be priced higher than its entry-level black and white model.









[i] http://www.massdevice.com/clarius-wins-fda-510k-wireless-ultrasound-device/
[ii] http://www.forbes.com/sites/julianmitchell/2016/12/27/this-mobile-ultrasound-startup-is-reshaping-a-6-billion-healthcare-market/#4edb7bda4941

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Anjali for updating me about this incredible ultra sound device. I am pleased to share starsofworld.com blog info which is great to update you about celebs pregnancy and their new born babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless Dr.CHUKWU MADU for his wonderful work in my life, my name is Helen from USA, I was diagnosed of HERPES since 2016 and it has affected my life i was
      taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBALHOME how he cured HERPES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS delivery company. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 11 days later i tested negative for HERPES, Dr.CHUKWU MADU truly you are great,It's Good for herpes patient to please read my testimony becuase People think herpes is really a minor skin irritation,herpes has a long term effects on health and The stigma attached to this virus by ignorant people is ridiculous. do you need his help also? Why don't you contact him through his email (dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com) or call him on +234703
      0936239, DOCTOR CHUKWU MADU CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:- 1. HIV/AIDS 2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4. ALS 5. Hepatitis B AND C 6. Diabetes 7. Athrux, 8. hydrophobia 9.hpv 10 pregnancy spell and bring back your ex back 11 scabies 12. STD. 13.Kidney stone?

      Delete
  2. Staying with Herpes is as easy as you think,but getting the cured seems confusing. I'm so happy because I'm free now from Herpes. I was very unhappy after the checkup and was diagnosed HSV 2 of which I know fully well I can't be cured with the Antibiotics, he prescribed for me the acyclovir(Zovirax), famciclovir (Famvir), andvalacyclovir (Valtrex). These are all taken in pill form. Severe cases may be treated with the intravenous I refuse to try it and went to another clinic for test and it still shows positive. I told the doctor about it and he said it's only by miracle and the prescribed he knows can't cure the virus by only keep fighting so it doesn't replenish always. I wasn't comfortable since I needed the cure.
    I was in a very sad moon,then I came back in two weeks and still shows the same. I tell you,does who knows understand what I'm saying.
    I'm saying this now because my believe leads me to understand that There's a CURE for HERPES.
    Of All English medicine you should know God gives us power over all living and non living creatures, don't feel bad now because I know being an Herpes patient for 3 years must have lost hope ,you can still get cure to CANCER, HPV,DIABETES, LOW SPARM COUNT,IRREGULAR OR PAINFUL MENSTRUATION, AND LOSTS HE WILL SHOW YOU AND YOU WILL FEEL THE WAY I DO NOW
    IT'S ALL I CAN DO TO HELP IF YOU LOVE TO KNOW
    Dr. Odey abang is a very reliable person, don't be scared he can proof to you what you want. Contact him and let him help get cured to all sicknesses.
    His medicine are very effective and affordable with active immune booster 100% sure no site effects
    @
    Email
    Odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com
    WhatsApp number@
    +2349015049094

    I'm morrisons from Alaska

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless Dr.CHUKWU MADU for his wonderful work in my life, my name is Helen from USA, I was diagnosed of HERPES since 2016 and it has affected my life i was
    taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBALHOME how he cured HERPES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS delivery company. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 11 days later i tested negative for HERPES, Dr.CHUKWU MADU truly you are great,It's Good for herpes patient to please read my testimony becuase People think herpes is really a minor skin irritation,herpes has a long term effects on health and The stigma attached to this virus by ignorant people is ridiculous. do you need his help also? Why don't you contact him through his email (dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com) or call him on +234703
    0936239, DOCTOR CHUKWU MADU CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:- 1. HIV/AIDS 2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4. ALS 5. Hepatitis B AND C 6. Diabetes 7. Athrux, 8. hydrophobia 9.hpv 10 pregnancy spell and bring back your ex back 11 scabies 12. STD. 13.Kidney stone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post related to a very significant subject on this website. Almost any iOS or Android phone or tablet can be used as the device's display. The transducers and display are controlled by a Clarius app, which offers very valuable information and incredibly amazing content.

    ReplyDelete