Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Prophylactic use of aspirin can considerably bring down the incidence of preterm SGA


Use of prophylactic aspirin in high-risk group identified by first trimester screening for preeclampsia would considerably lower the incidence of preterm and early SGA by about 20% and 40%, respectively report the results of a data analysis published July 2018 in ISUOG (International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology) journal Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology.

The researchers analyzed the data from two multicentric trials: Screening program for pre-eclampsia (SPREE) study and the Aspirin for Evidence-Based Preeclampsia Prevention trial (ASPRE). SPREE is a prospective multicenter cohort study that screened women for PE during 11-13 weeks by measuring Mean arterial pressure (MAP), Uterine artery pulsatility index (UtA‐PI), Serum placental growth factor (PlGF), and Serum pregnancy‐associated plasma protein‐A (PAPP‐A).

ASPRE trial examined the prophylactic effect of low-dose aspirin started at 11-14 weeks for prevention of PE in women at increased risk for preterm PE.  The results demonstrated that aspirin reduces the incidence of early-PE by 89% and pre-term PE by 62% but does not much reduce the incidence of term PE.

The combined use of maternal factors mean arterial pressure, uterine artery pulsatility index and serum placental growth factor for the screening for preterm preeclampsia identifies a high proportion of patients who will develop small for gestational age (SGA) babies.

Screening in SPREE trial identified 46% of SGA <10th Percentile neonate born before 37 weeks and 56% of those born before 32 weeks with a screen positive rate of 12.2%. Analysis of data from ASPRE trial showed that aspirin reduced the rate of SGA <10th Percentile by 40% in babies born at or before 37 weeks and by 73% in babies born before 32 weeks.

The decrease in the incidence of SGA infants was mainly due to a substantial decrease in the incidence of PE to the amount of 90% in babies born before 32 weeks and 70% in babies born at or before 37 weeks.

Hence, the authors concluded that first-trimester screening of PE identifies a high proportion of patients with who will develop preterm-SGA as the pregnancy progresses further and the prophylactic use of aspirin can prevent that.

Here is a Video abstract of the above study



9 comments:

  1. The AccuraPulse Wrist #BloodPressureMonitor was designed with this in mind. The device is portable with a lightweight and durable design. You can check your blood pressure on the go, when necessary.

    BloodPressureMonitor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a well-known fact that Illuminati consist of Multi Millionaires,
      Billionaires who have major influence regarding most global affairs,
      including the planning of a New World Order. Many world leaders,
      Presidents, Prime Ministers, royalty and senior executives of major Fortune
      500 companies are members of Illuminati. join a secret cabal of mysterious
      forces and become rich with boundless measures of wealth in your company or
      any given business, the great Illuminati can make everything possible just
      contact : join666cult@gmail.com or WhatsApp +1(646)481-0376 EL
      IAI LEXION Thaddeus Iam Vice-President of Citizen Outreach THE ILLUMINATI
      ORGANIZATION

      Do not hesitate to contact us by WhatsApp.

      Whatsapp: +1(646)481-0376
      Email : join666cult@gmail.com

      BEWARE OF SCAMMERS, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS REGISTRATION FEE AND YOU MUST
      BE ABOVE THE AGE OF 18YRS.
      THANKS...

      Delete

  2. I was scrolling through a binary option group ,then i saw a post by Harry Brown about Forex and binary trading and how i could earn much more than i can imagine, i got in touch with him and he made every step clear to me and how his strategy would work magic. and it really did!! i got $7080 my first week after i invested just $300 if you are having difficulties in trading, she can also manage your broker account,which you will also have your ACCESS LOGIN so as to enable you to check your trade records and balance DAILY contact MR HARRY BROWN through Email: (loomstocks7@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that i got cured from herpes virus 1&2 after i have suffered from this virus for over 3 years. I have been using drugs to suppress it,i got introduced to doc tor razor by a friend of mine who knew i was herpes positive, she believes in herbs, and i have full doubt on her idea to try out herbal medicine. I contacted the doctor and told him what i was passing through, so he promised he was going to get me cured completely. I am so glad that after applying doctor razor herbal remedy for 18 days there is no trace of the virus in my body as confirmed by the results given to me by the medical hospital,where i conducted my test. I am so grateful Doctor Razor. For those who are in same situation just like i was, you can reach out to doctor razor on email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com , WhatsApp or Call him on +2349065420442. Please share as received, so multitude can be saved from this virus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that i got cured from herpes virus 1&2 after i have suffered from this virus for over 3 years. I have been using drugs to suppress it,i got introduced to doc tor razor by a friend of mine who knew i was herpes positive, she believes in herbs, and i have full doubt on her idea to try out herbal medicine. I contacted the doctor and told him what i was passing through, so he promised he was going to get me cured completely. I am so glad that after applying doctor razor herbal remedy for 18 days there is no trace of the virus in my body as confirmed by the results given to me by the medical hospital,where i conducted my test. I am so grateful Doctor Razor. For those who are in same situation just like i was, you can reach out to doctor razor on email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com , WhatsApp or Call him on +2349065420442. Please share as received, so multitude can be saved from this virus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An hacker helped me to spy on my wife’s WhatsApp,mails and every text message that was sent to her iPhone and every deleted messages of the past six months you can message him through this number (+13852501115) or contact him via email at brillianthackers800@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless Dr.CHUKWU MADU for his wonderful work in my life, my name is Helen from USA, I was diagnosed of HERPES since 2016 and it has affected my life i was
    taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBALHOME how he cured HERPES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS delivery company. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 11 days later i tested negative for HERPES, Dr.CHUKWU MADU truly you are great,It's Good for herpes patient to please read my testimony becuase People think herpes is really a minor skin irritation,herpes has a long term effects on health and The stigma attached to this virus by ignorant people is ridiculous. do you need his help also? Why don't you contact him through his email (dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com) or call him on +234703
    0936239, DOCTOR CHUKWU MADU CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:- 1. HIV/AIDS 2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4. ALS 5. Hepatitis B AND C 6. Diabetes 7. Athrux, 8. hydrophobia 9.hpv 10 pregnancy spell and bring back your ex back 11 scabies 12. STD. 13.Kidney stone?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete