Thursday, November 29, 2018

CDC updates its guidance for prevention of sexually transmitted Zika infection


The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recently issued an interim update to its guidance for Preconception Counseling and Prevention of Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus for Men with Possible Zika Virus Exposure. The recommendations were published in the weekly Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR).

Zika infection in pregnancy may cause multiple abnormalities including congenital Zika syndrome which includes– severe anencephaly, decreased brain tissue, macular scarring and focal pigmentary retinal mottling, clubfoot or arthrogryposis, and hypertonia restricting body movement soon after birth.

Zika infection is transmitted primarily through the bite of infected Aedes aegypti mosquito or through unprotected sex with an infected partner. Since 2015, 52 confirmed cases of sexual transmitted Zika infection have been known in the US. In most of the cases, the transmission occurred from infected men to women, although some instances of men to men and women to men transmission are also known.

The recent CDC update is for men with a possible Zika exposure who are planning a pregnancy with their partners or who want to prevent the sexual transmission of Zika anytime.

CDC now recommends that men with Zika exposure should wait for a minimum of 3 months after the onset of Zika Symptoms (symptomatic) or after Zika exposure(asymptomatic) before they plan a pregnancy with their partners.

If the couple is not planning a pregnancy, they should use condoms or abstain from sex for three months to prevent the sexual transmission of infection. 

Recommendations for men with possible Zika virus exposure whose partner is pregnant remains unchanged, they are advised to consistently and correctly use condoms during sex or abstain from sex for the duration of the pregnancy.


5 comments:

  1. I'm Celina Gomez from Canada, i have been cured from genital herpes with herbalist sakura herbal medicine.
    i have been infected with Genital herpes for 1 year now , i have done so many medical treatment from different hospital still
    not cured.
    On a very good day , i decide  to make a research on my computer on how to get rid of my Genital herpes,i found a post of Sarah Wilson on how she was  cured from herpes with HERBALIST Sakura herbal remedy.
    The Herbalist email was there as well drsakuraspellalter@gmail.com +2348160802189. i contacted him for my Genital herpes infection.
    he needed few of my information and also send me his medicine through FedEx courier service.
    i received it after 3 working  days of shipment,i drink the  herbal medicine the same way Dr sakura instructed.
    but now my Genital herpes is gone totally without any side effect or harm, may God Almighty continuing to bless him abundantly .
    you can contact him on mail/ whats-app dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com +2348110114739 or follow him on Instagram @herbalist_sakura
    you can as well contact me for more information celinagomez784@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that i got cured from herpes virus 1&2 after i have suffered from this virus for over 3 years. I have been using drugs to suppress it,i got introduced to doc tor razor by a friend of mine who knew i was herpes positive, she believes in herbs, and i have full doubt on her idea to try out herbal medicine. I contacted the doctor and told him what i was passing through, so he promised he was going to get me cured completely. I am so glad that after applying doctor razor herbal remedy for 18 days there is no trace of the virus in my body as confirmed by the results given to me by the medical hospital,where i conducted my test. I am so grateful Doctor Razor. For those who are in same situation just like i was, you can reach out to doctor razor on email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com , WhatsApp or Call him on +2349065420442. Please share as received, so multitude can be saved from this virus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that i got cured from herpes virus 1&2 after i have suffered from this virus for over 3 years. I have been using drugs to suppress it,i got introduced to doc tor razor by a friend of mine who knew i was herpes positive, she believes in herbs, and i have full doubt on her idea to try out herbal medicine. I contacted the doctor and told him what i was passing through, so he promised he was going to get me cured completely. I am so glad that after applying doctor razor herbal remedy for 18 days there is no trace of the virus in my body as confirmed by the results given to me by the medical hospital,where i conducted my test. I am so grateful Doctor Razor. For those who are in same situation just like i was, you can reach out to doctor razor on email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com , WhatsApp or Call him on +2349065420442. Please share as received, so multitude can be saved from this virus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to Dr Ofua Ofure of the Great Herbal Healing Home for curing me of herpes, indeed am grateful to you Sir, I have had herpes for some couples of years now tried all form of medication to get rid of it, all to no avail, until I read a comment about Dr Ofua Ofure herbal remedy, I decided to give it a try and behold after 21 days of applying his medication am totally free of herpes, no more itching and cold sores, I got tested and its now negative, if you wish to get rid of herpes here is the solution for you visit or contact Dr Ofua Ofure on the following
    Email: thegreatherbalhealinghome@gmail.com Site:(https://dr-ofua-ofure-herbal-healing-home.business.site)
    WhatsApp/Call: +2347059497969

    ReplyDelete